Thursday, June 30, 2011

Snowflake

The Japan! Combo. I don’t know why I like it so much. Or how did I end up choosing this over the bestseller - taroballs with whatever. Or what the heck was I doing in a shaved ice dessert shop in the first place? I don’t know. But I really like it. Maybe it’s the soy ice crush. Soy milk is one of my favourite drinks - warm, iced or frozen. Or maybe it’s the chewy green tea balls. Or the slight bitter aftertaste and artificial chlorophyll scent that work wonders with sweetened soy milk. Like Starbucks’ costly, classy soy milk green tea latte - my only choice there. I don’t know. It just tastes good. I have a loyalty card, by the way. The words Dessert Lover Club fill 1/3 of the card. Sickening, I know. And I'm just five stamps away from redeeming any item from the menu. But the Japan! Combo is no longer listed on their website. Instead, a new monthly special has been introduced. Sesame Sensation. Peanut ice with sesame balls. Great, just great.

http://snowflake.com.my/

11 comments:

ai wei said...

i dunno they have this japan! combo?!
so green tea balls is no longer available???
i will check out sesame balls! love sesame a lot :)

choi yen said...

quite sometime since my last visit, the queue really put me off! But I love sesame, I want the sesame balls!!!

J2Kfm said...

Yeah, i wonder what was i doing most of the times too, jostling with the young crowd. They must be thinking, this uncle know his age or not?!

HairyBerry said...

ai wei, it's not on their online menu, so i think it's not available already. So sad! :( but do check out the sesame one. Psst. I might try also. Hehehe....

choi yen, i know exactly how you feel! The crowd is crazy, right? I hope they'll open one near kepong. Then, can go during odd hours...hehe

j2kfm, haha, hi5! I must be one of the oldest patrons there, only behind the kids' parents. Sigh, but good that our appetites are still very much young and energetic. :)

Ciki said...

My god, i'd kill for chewy green tea balls! Can't wait to see the new flavour on your blog. haha ;P

HairyBerry said...

cumi & ciki, ya know, i thought of killing the long queue at pavilion that day! hahaha. go get some la, ciki. they have branches everywhere now. :)

Pureglutton said...

I still like their taro balls the best :P

Eat Only Lar! said...

I've been to this place just once, but love it, the taro balls were really good, chewy!

By the way, I'm Wen Ching from Sugar Bean and I've moved my blog to http://www.eatonlylar.com/. Can you please update your blogroll? Thanks a lot! =)

HairyBerry said...

pureglutton, yupe, the taroballs are good. but it's still the green ones for me....hehehehe.

hey wen ching, congrats on the new homepage! sure, sure...i'll update accordingly! :)

dreamholiday said...

Peanut ice with sesame balls-that would be awesome!



Vacation

Anonymous said...

I also think the Taro balls are their masterpiece. I love grabbing some whenever I get a chance.

R.S.