Friday, August 8, 2008

Jarrod & Rawlins @ Desa Sri Hartamas

As weekends are more or less similar to a RM50 pre-paid reload these days, (in true kiasuism fashion) should we make full of the 2880 minutes by catching up on things/people we missed or should we save up our qi (or credit) and just chill, and enjoy the tranquility away?

When I went to pay for my parking ticket (somewhere near the overpriced Desa Sri Hartamas foodcourt), I found alphabets below each numbered button. So, does that mean I have to punch in the three alphabets of my vehicle’s identification plate before I enter the 4 digits? Because technically, I don’t think it is possible.

The first time I dropped by J&R on a Saturday morning (8ish), it was closed. This time, I went around 12ish. It was open. Thank goodness! So, technically, when I ordered my Fried Breakfast that afternoon, was I going for brunch? Or breakfast?

Too much lar, Nic. You have just wasted 0.5% of your credit. So, just shut up and enjoy your breakfast. Or whatever you call it.

Ok.

It may look cheap and minimal but it tasted exquisite. The Fried Breakfast (RM28.00) which should consist of two sunny side ups, sausages, bacons, grilled tomato, toast, tea and orange juice was surprisingly filling. Sausages, in general, make me cringe because of that frozen, stale taste. Ever more prevalent when one is in a cinema or bus. J&R’s were definitely fresh, flavoursome (with a touch of pepper to boost) and firm. The bacons were aptly cured and tender. Heck, even the tomato tasted rather sweet. My orange juice did not turn up and I failed to realize that until I started drafting this post. A dab of butter on the crispy toast curtained the sunny breakfast, as if to remind me of an afternoon nap later.

More bacon glorification. The Bacon Sandwich (RM13.50) oozed deliciousness with each bite, eventhough it was simply toasted soft bread sandwiching savoury/tender pieces of bacon. As with a curvy body, do we need a diamond studded, plunging neckline dress to make it shine? Just throw in a petite-sized plain white T.

I couldn’t resist looking into the mirror. No, not to admire my bacon-like self but to read the specials written on it. Shouldn’t I say yes to the Mexican Spare Ribs (RM32.00)? Now this was the total opposite of the sandwich. Came voluptuously red, I fantasized of being capsized by the Mexican wave and (gladly) suffocate in the aroma of the majestic Cajun spices. Alas, a summer breeze passed me by instead. Yes, it was rather bland. But the ribs were tender and flaky.

The approximately 4.2% of the weekend was well spent at J&R. The sausages and slices of bacon were indeed top-notch. The relaxing ambiance made the clouds move faster.

I am thinking of something crazy.

Maybe I’ll scrap my up-coming 48 credit hours allocation and just go with the flow. With this, perhaps I’ll have less unnecessary questions and answers. And maybe, just maybe, food and life will taste better.

Jarrod & Rawlins
No. 36 (Ground floor)
Jalan 27/70A
Desa Sri Hartamas
50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: (+603) 23000708
Website: http://www.jarrod-rawlins.com

23 comments:

PureGlutton said...

Wow...u had the B/fast Set, the Bacon S/W and the Spare-ribs all in one sitting?! Now, that's what i call a real brunch, hehe!

Ciki said...

"Just throw in a petite-sized plain white T" ... hmmm.. eating the bacon sanwic or wearing it.. hahaha :D nice post !

J2Kfm said...

now that you mention it, RM50 reload seems to last way longer than a meal. hmmm, rethink my budget.

the Fried Breakfast looked so small portion geh? the sandwich looks more attractive.

Kenny Mah said...

Now I'm having visions of a delectable creature in a petite-sized plain white T... with bacon grease smeared all over it, begging to be licked off... Ahem.

Pakcik Nic. You're such a bad influence on the good children of today. :D

Weekend Peach said...

Have always loved the food here. And the fried bread...awesome!

馨韵公主™ said...

wow... i like ur blog...
esp all is about food~ lolx
n i like ur photography skill!
Wanna ask u b my sifu...haha

backStreetGluttons said...

no wonder you are here and there

can eat many also.

Big Boys Oven said...

walio! you really can eat! lol! Did you mess up after the food?

Live2Talk said...

How bout a curvaceous woman with only a plain white tee cooking you a delicious breakfast and serve you on the bed ;P Then you can save your reload $$$ ...

fatboybakes said...

is that the egg yolk stains on the serviette in that last pic? charming! adeii, thamby, where la the india stories?

choi yen said...

I want to have such breakfast but a bit too pricey ler~~

Christine said...

thats really quite a big meal..its definetely not fun to view this when i didn't had a good breakfast..haha..i wanted the fried breakfast..

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

any breakfast set that incls a juice is good..

HairyBerry said...

pureglutton, no lar! haha! i was not alone. had a bit of everything. oh, a large "bit" of everything..haha!

cumi & ciki, both eating and wearing ;D i'm not too greedy, right? ;D glad u like the post!

j2kfm, true! but then again, if one always cook "telephone porridge", i guess a meal still better lar..hehe

oh, the fried breakfast was kinda huge. but was already half eaten when i came back from paying for the parking ticket.

kenny, ohhh...seems like a 'delectable creature' has evolved from the post, eh? haha! why do those olympic mascots come to mind? hmm...

OMG! bad influence? children? hmmm, let me hop over to life for beginners...hehehehe....

weekend peach, the food here got standard lar, that's for sure. perhaps i should try the damansara heights branch as well. wanna go? ;D

馨韵公主™ princess xin yun, thanks for stopping by! sifu? aiyoh, i am blushing! haha! i guess we can share photography knowledge, ya! ;D glad you like my blog! ;D you have a lovely blog as well ;D

HairyBerry said...

backstreetgluttons, hehehe, now you know the secret to my frequent travels. honestly, no lar, it's more about meet my friends and family :D ...really.

bigboysoven, aiyoh, i cant possibly eat that much at one go..hehehe..the ribs had oil, so i wiped my mouth with the serviette, hence the stains..hehe

live2talk, sounds hot to me! and what's gonna happen after serving me on the bed ar? ;D i'll use the RM50 reload to call her...the money's worth spending ;D

fatboybakes, nope, it's the oil from the ribs. i used the serviette to wipe my mouth and fingers. thanks for the compliment! oh, on the india stories...coming up, coming up! sorry to keep ya waiting! ;D

mimi, yeah, i also felt that it was kinda pricey as well. that's why i can only afford to indulgence once in awhile. usually, it's just wholemeal bread and milo for me. really one. ;D

christine, oh, that's how i feel as well when i surf food blogs in the morning. especially when i only have wholemeal bread and milo in front of me. so, revenge comes during weekends. ;D

joe, yeah, and how silly of me to forget to demand for my juice that day! geezzzz...luckily there was a cup of green tea to sooth the throat. am looking forward to another round. errr, when money permits..hehehe

Weekend Peach said...

Sure we can go...I'll queue it up right after Susuked and the other yet-to-try-exotic-eateries. hehe.

Jun said...

pricey... think i mite scrap this place next time @_@

and kenny's got "i am so in need of a shag" smeared all over his face like bacon grease ;p

ling239 said...

for a moment i tot u going to post the picture of the parking machine...XD

Precious Pea said...

Nothing beats a hearty breakfast like yours. Or was it brunch? Bacon sandwich looks really sinful. One thing for sure, my Hubby sure would salivate if he see this.

HairyBerry said...

weekend peach, okie okie...oh, shall we do KFC after susuked? hehehe...

jun, i think you can share the fried breakfast with your mr. big lar...
*speechless on the kenny/grease saga*..hahaha!

ling239, ya lor, i should have thought of that! but that day i kan cheong to rush back for my breakfast, so din bring my camera to the machine..hehe

precious pea, technically, i guess it was brunch lar, cos it was around 12+ already..hehe...oh, the bacon sandwich is nice! i'm sure your hubby will like it! ;D

Simon Seow said...

I had their breakfast before. Kinda pricey. It's good thought once in a blue moon. lol. now want to try the one in Jln Dang Wangi, shit I forgot what that place call.

HairyBerry said...

simon, i agree! luckily fuel drop RM0.15 now..hehehe...jalan dang wangi? which one?? yut kee ar? the one with the roti babi?

Simon Seow said...

No. Not Yut Kee. It's a cafe or something in a building around that area. Upstairs one. Serve American Breakfast or something like that.