Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tell-A-Tale (Part 3): A Kiss Of...Truffles

Such scent,
Seductively you foment,
Urges ascent,
A kiss I never repent.


You were good with butter,
But I knew you'd do better,
Perhaps a bruschetta starter?
And a petite pasta teaser?

Onion and garlic for sweetness,
Aubergine and its creaminess,
Minced pork in all its bareness,
I long for your deliciousness.

Dutch wholegrain mustard for flavouring,
A melted mozzarella topping,
With the truffle salsa scent alluring,
A sexciting bruschetta awaiting.

Strands of angel hair,
Olive oil and truffle salsa to pair,
Minced pork to share,
Cilantro for flair.

Simple yet flavourful,
Subtly lustful,
Though not boastful,
A teaser that's quite wonderful.

An affair to remember,
A kiss to savour,
A feeling that will linger,
And a taste I always desire.

14 comments:

wmw said...

A flogger who's also a poet? :o)

~Christine~Leng said...

you're good!
think i should blog this way sometimes too ^^ :)

Sugar Bean said...

Wow, this is good! I like the way you write it. I don't think I'll be able to do it. Haha! It'll take me a long time.

Big Boys Oven said...

hahahahaah how interesting, very exciting, yet so lovely, well spoken!

HairyBerry said...

wmw - i like writing stuff! but usually for shiok sendiri only lar..hehe

christine - thanks for the compliment! *blushing* yeah, try it! it's fun! do check out part 1 n 2 too, if u hv time :>

wenching & esiong - thanks, thanks! i think u can do it too :)...it also took me quite some time to get it all right.

big boys oven - thanks! i do enjoy writing different things...hey, your comment also got some rhymes leh! :>

MeiyeN said...

WOW...... it's a very nice poem! you are real good aren't you? :)

Jason said...

Nice pics paired with good poem :)

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

You're the first person I know who has written an ode to a truffle. ROFL. Now that's what I call L-U-R-V-E.

HairyBerry said...

meiyen - thanks for the compliment *blushing again*...i do like writing...and eat too :) thanks for stopping by too!

jason - thanks thanks! glad you like the pics and that little poem! :>

lyrical lemongrass - oh yes, that's the way l-u-r-v-e goes y'all! hmm, perhaps its time to write an ode about char kway teow! that'll be interesting...lol!

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Char koay teow
Love you liao
Must have kerang
Or I'll be garang

Lots of lard
Makes me fart
I dream of you
Do you love me too?

HairyBerry said...

Lyrical Lemongrass - Haha! nice, nice! love that lard+fart part...will write you a poem for your next post. Promise! oh, in fact, I already did! Hope u like it ;P

Kenny Mah said...

Omigosh, I'm glad I came by and came across this wonderful food poem... and LL's ode to lard and kerang! Hahaha... Good job, bro! :)

HairyBerry said...

Hi Kenny, thanks for stopping by..and the compliment too :> ...i've downloaded some of your online works too, few months back...am reading on the bus, whenever i can :>

Kenny Mah said...

Oh dear, you are reading my stuff on the bus? Hope it doesn't give you an unpleasant experience, haha... I can just imagine my writing giving my readers a headache normally, much less on a bus.

On a more serious note, thanks for reading! :)